As the country gears up to vote for the change, let us look back at some defining moments of India’s political history in last two decades. If we do not vote wisely, there is always a chance that the below may repeated. And we do not want it to happen.
1. The Great Kargil War(May to July 1999) where our most illustrious Air force was not allowed to tackle the intruders and Infantries of Indian Army were allowed to be butchered. A young aspiring generation of Indian Men was wiped out in this war, which could have been avoided and the war could have been tackled by Air attack instead of infantry soldiers. BJP led NDA government ruled India in those horrible times.
2. The infamous Kargil War Coffin Scandals(1999) which shamed all of India, especially wives and family of the martyrs of Indian Army who lost their lives in Kargil war. The government had incurred a heavy loss of 1,87,000 dollars in the entire transaction. Comptroller and Auditor General of India’s report had found several frauds in the transaction of coffins. The caskets were purchased from Buitron and Baiza, a company based in United States of America rendering funeral services. BJP led NDA government ruled India in those horrible times.
3. The Kandahar incident(1999-2000), where India was shamed. Indian Government had taken knees to Terrorism and had agreed to release three militants — Mushtaq Ahmed Zargar, Ahmed Omar Saeed Sheikh and Maulana Masood Azhar. These militants have since been implicated in other terrorist actions, such as 9/11, the kidnap and murder of Daniel Pearl and Mumbai terror attacks. BJP led NDA government ruled India in that shameless time.
4. The Attack on Indian Parliament on December 13, 2001. BJP led NDA government ruled India in that shameless time.
5. The infamous Gujarat riots(2002), which could never be a model for India. BJP led NDA government ruled India in those horrible and shameless times.
6. The Cash for Vote scandal where half a dozen members of Parliament of a BJP were caught on camera purportedly taking bribes for raising questions in the House. Congress led UPA government ruled India in that shameless time.
7. The 2010 CWG scam: The Commonwealth Games is perhaps one of India’s most well known scam. It consisted of a number of corrupt deals involving overstated contracts and the deal was inflated by Rs 95 crores. Less than 10 days before the games, athletes were told to move into apartments that were shabby and dilapidated. Congress led UPA government ruled India in that shameless time.
8. 2010 2G spectrum scam where The illegal undercharging by Government officials to various telecom companies during the allocation of 2G licenses for cellphone subscriptions gave rise to the 2G spectrum scam. According to the CAG, the scam amounts to about Rs 176,000 crore, whereas the CBI estimates it at Rs 30,984 crore. Congress led UPA government ruled India in that shameless time.
9. A large number of voters may have already voted in the North Eastern states, but the people of this region can never forget the brutal days imparted due to Fake Encounters, rapes & killings by Indian Army Personnel and the cruel AFSPA in the period of 1996 to 2004. BJP led NDA government ruled India in those horrible times.
10. The infamous demolition of a mosque which led to the Hindus outside of India being attacked and vandalized in Islamic countries of the world. Bangladesh, Gulf or Pakistan,- it hit the innocent Hindus as well as Muslims hard and engaged in hatred for the next two decades. Congress government ruled India in that shameless time.
So India, the time has come to revisit the history, but not to create the same history again. Vote wisely,- for if we do not vote wise, we have no right to blame later the Government we have chosen ourselves.